Wednesday, June 18, 2008

It's double danger!!

Hola.

Now, there’s no shortage of comic blogs out there. We nerds are a blog-happy bunch. It’s cool; I’m owning it.


That being the case, I don’t really want a long “how I came to blog” preface here. So let’s get right to the good stuff.
It was a foregone conclusion that I was going to wind up writing about comics. DC comics in particular. I read practically every comic under the sun, but I’ve always been a DC guy at heart. Ever since my dad bought me issues of Justice League (the far-cooler International variety), the DC universe has always been special to me.


The Justice League: Blue Beetle, Fire, Martian Manhunter, General Glory, Ice, Lightray, and Guy Gardner. Exactly.

It’s no secret that the entire thing has basically gone to rot in the past few years, and that fact will undoubtedly lead to all kinds of fun entries in the future where I can talk about how much I hated Infinite Crisis two years after every blogger on the internet has already done so.

A DC fan in general, I’m a Wonder Woman fan in particular. We Wondy fans have it tough. Our gal is widely misunderstood, prone to being pulled in ten directions at once, and frequently just shows up in stories to serve as a punching bag for Superman or to show us how good she is at posing so we can see her boobs and her ass spilling out of her tiny costume in the same shot.


Told her back it up like berp, berp

Perhaps as a result, Wondy fans are a vocal bunch. It’s not enough for us to grumble as we toss on the pile yet another comic in which we marvel not at Diana’s fantastic powers, but at her uncanny ability to keep her titanic breasts from popping out of her “Ceremonial Armor” (and believe me, that’ll be an entry all its own). No, we have to catalog our hardships. People need to know.

Whatever you say, Di.

That said, I’m going to kick off this blog with a multi-part look at the story that launched Diana’s third ongoing series. I’m hardly the first person to do it, but I think that it’s especially worth going back and taking a look at this story, as we approach the one-year anniversary of its having finished.

So check out my first official entry as we explore the startling history of…

Allan Heinberg’s Wonder Woman!


May include fewer eagles than advertised.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home